Arcam’s A49 integrated amplifier represents the pinnacle of Arcam’s audio engineering. We set out to incorporate everything we have learnt in almost 40 years to deliver an amplifier that will set new standards and provide class leading sound quality for the best possible reproduction of your music.
Drawing on the many years of amplifier design experience at Arcam, the A49 uses the best quality components and engineering practice to produce a product that will give many years of musical pleasure and reliable service.
With a class G amplifier, toroidal based power supply, acoustically damped chassis, paralleled transistor output stages and exceptionally low levels of distortion and noise the A49 is capable of reproducing music with all its original authority and detail. The A49 features dual mono volume controls and a balanced signal path all the way though the product together with distortion nulling input multiplexers. Rest assured you will be hearing the music just as the artist intended.
The A49 has been designed to leapfrog the competition with a massive 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 400 into 4 ohms. It delivers 50 watts in pure class A mode while allowing for huge extra power reserves from our latest generation class G topology that is both clever and efficient. During normal operation, distortion is measured in less than one part per million so that this massive power is deliver with total control and finesse.
There have been great strides made in improving audio sources and loudspeakers in recent years and the time is right to match them in the field of amplifier design. This ground breaking amplifier is a must audition amplifier for music lovers who understand that power is nothing without control.
• Arcam’s highest performing amplification ever
• Fully flexible stereo amplifier range
• Power amp can be configured for multiple modes
• Class G amplification with 50W of class A operation
• On board PSU for rSeries products
• CR902 system remote control (A49, C49)
• Phono input configurable for line/MM (A49, C49)
• Large ergonomically designed aluminium knob
• Low power 0.5W standby
Continuous power output, per channel, 8Ω
- Both channels driven, 8Ω,20Hz-20kHz, 0.2% THD - 200W
- Single, 4Ω, at 1kHz - 400W
Inputs - Phono (MM) cartridge
- Input sensitivity at 1kHz - 5mV
- Input impedance - 47kΩ +100pF
- Frequency response (ref. RIAA curve) - 20Hz-20kHz +/- 1dB
- Signal/noise ratio (Awtd) 50W, ref. 5mV input - 80dB
- Overload margin, 5mV at 1kHz - 20dB
- Power consumption (standby) - <0.5W
- Nominal sensitivity - 1V (RCA), 2V (XLR)
- Input impedance - 10kΩ
- Maximum input - 8V (RCA), 15V (XLR)
- Frequency response 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.05dB
- Signal/noise ratio (Awtd) 50W, ref 1V/2V input - 105dB
- Nominal output level - 1.15V (RCA), 2.3V (XLR)
- Output impedance - 47Ω (RCA), 200Ω (XLR)
- Maximum output level into 600Ω - 4Vrms
- Output impedance - 1Ω
- Load range - 16Ω-2kΩ
Dimensions & Weights
- W x D (inc. speaker terminals) x H (inc. feet) - 433 x 425 x 171mm
- Weight (net) - 19.7kg
- Weight (packed) - 21.4kg
- 5 060133 602316